Smokey Road Rod Shop - Bed Liners & Tailgate Latch Systems
WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE ALUMINUM BED WOOD SYSTEM?
An accurate recreation of actual wood grains printed on a commercial grade floor laminate and applied to aluminum boards. Available in kit form, each kit contains finished boards, hardware, additional floor supports and (optional) center strips for a complete installation.
ADVANTAGES OVER TRADITIONAL WOOD FLOORS:
- American made, ECO friendly, man-made product of unlimited supply.
- A bolt-in lite weight system which is durable and weathr resistant.
- Approximately 3X more scratch and scuff resistant than a nicely finished wood floor.
- An extremely stable platform extruded from 6063-T6 "Aircraft quality" aluminum which provides minimum expansion. Warping and cracking are a thing of the past.
- Our rugged polymer based laminate yields similar UV protection to automotive clear coat providing a waterproof, stain proof and chemical resistant finish.
- Smokey Road Rod Shop digitizes only the highest grade "true old growth wood" in existence and exactly replicates the most beautiful wood grains of the "old world". For beauty and accuracy, every board is professionally printed in high definition.
- Advantage Aluminum Bed Wood System installs similar to any wood floor. (In some cases, the customer will re-drill their cross sills to accommodate a consistend board width.
Frequently Asked Questions
How durable is this floor?
Durability must be considered in two separate categories: physical damage and naturally occurring damage. As to the physical side, our floor laminate is approximately 3X more scratch and scuff resistant than most nicely finished wood floors. Also, our center strips are placed higher above the deck height for additional protection. As to the natural side, our 6063-T6 Aircraft quality aluminum extrusion is an extremely stable material, therfore, expansion is held to a minimum.
What is the cost of a floor?
We manufacture several makes and models of floors. Typically a short step side is $1,364.00 complete with polished center strips and hardware, but remember, you are comparing us to the cheapest building material available. Wood is an unstable material that will not stay flat throughout its life and color variation is common.
Our floor stays flat and consistent in color for show quality appearance throughout the life of your truck.
CHECK OUT OUR ORDER FORM PAGE FOR FULL QUOTE.
How does the floor install?
Our floor installs similar to any wood floor. Some models require you to re-drill your cross sills at 8 7/16" intervals to accommodate our consistent board width. Our included floor supports locate between your cross sills and finish the assembly.
Drop in floors are also available for limited models to install over any existing steel floor for an authentic wood look !
Can I use a fuel tank under the floor?
The addition of a fuel inlet in your floor is no problem. Simply install it as any wood floor but fashion a gasket to go between the filler neck and the floor.