70 Challenger project

More
1 year 7 months ago #1219 by ripp6957
ripp6957 created the topic: 70 Challenger project
Hi, new guy here. Im starting a project car for my wife, a 1970 Challenger. It is a rolling chassis, so a while back I found an '04 5.7 Hemi motor with the wiring harness and computer. Now I want a 6 spped manual trans for it. Will any trans out of a wreck that was behind a 5.7 work, or will I need the same year? I plan on ordering a painless wiring harness and I've been told I just need to specify the year of the motor/trans combo and they will make the appropriate harness. Is this correct? Any info will be appreciated!
Thanks, Mark the fireman

This is her '74 Charger
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #1222 by fast eddie
fast eddie replied the topic: 70 Challenger project
Hello Mark,
Another 70 Challenger on it's way back to the blacktop, awesome. We're building a 70 as well and are in the the midst of deciding if or what what modern hemi to put under the hood. Please keep us updated with your progress in the "Interesting Restorations & Vehicles" category.

Try contacting Bobby at UAR Performance. They are some of our go to guy's for anything classic to modern Mopar drive train, suspension and engine info / services.

Link to Painless Harnesses:
edsprojectcarswapmeet.com/expert-detail?Itemid=939

edsprojectcarswapmeet.com/uar-performance

email: uarperformance@aol.com
Phone: (727) 587-6559
3230 E. Bay Drive, Largo
FL 33771

BTW, Wife's wheels look great!. Gun Metal Gray?

Cheers...
Fast Eddie
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by fast eddie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ripp6957

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 2.382 seconds

Logo for Sharing

Free Gift with Ad

What's In Your Garage?

Show off what you've done in your garage to restore your car or truck. We know you're proud of it.

Show Us Your Ride